Toronto Corporate Tax Litigation Lawyers
Serious tax problems – failure to file, delinquent tax returns, tax evasion, tax fraud, underpayment, underreporting, sales tax disputes, bankruptcy, payroll and business tax disputes – may lead to tax litigation. It is best to retain tax litigation lawyers as early in the process as possible so as to minimize the consequences.
At Devry Smith Frank LLP (“DSF”) we provide tax litigation services for individuals and businesses, our areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
- Tax Litigation: If a taxpayer makes a mistake regarding their information when they file for taxes or if they purposely omit information or provide false information, the CRA may charge that taxpayer with a criminal tax offense.
- Tax Dispute Resolution: A negotiated resolution without litigation.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Refers to processes and techniques of resolving disputes that fall outside of the judicial process – mediation, arbitration, negotiation, collaborative law and conciliation.
- Tax Audit: Government auditors question taxpayers’ returns and issue reassessments, increasing taxpayers’ liabilities for tax, penalty and interest.
- Tax Objection: Taxpayers (individuals and businesses) can challenge the correctness of reassessments by sending notices of objection to the government’s Appeals Branch and asking a government appeals officer to reverse or reduce reassessments.
- Tax Appeal: If you disagree with the decision on your income tax or GST/HST objection, you can appeal to the Tax Court of Canada.
- Tax Amnesty: Saves you from the penalties of late filing or tax evasion.
Why hire DSF?
Tax litigation can result in dire consequences. Our experienced tax litigation lawyers will provide you with the best representation possible in disputes with the CRA, tax court representation, criminal tax representation, provincial taxing agencies, and sales tax litigation.
Contact DSF at (416) 449-1400 for sound, practical and cost effective tax litigation advice.