DSF In The News
Expatriate Services Report Provides Reference Tool for Companies with Internationally Mobile Workforces, July 4, 2016
A new Expatriate Services report is available from Devry Smith Frank LLP (“DSF”) international alliance (Alliott Group) for businesses involved in managing the challenges and opportunities presented by the global economy and the need to move employees across geographic borders to achieve international expansion goals. You can read the full report here.
Mill Street Brewery buys Toronto’s Brickworks Ciderhouse, Toronto Life, December 22, 2015
We welcome good news any time and are always happy to share it with our readers. Today’s news is about the Brickworks Ciderhouse. Our Corporate and Tax departments represented the Brickworks Ciderhouse in a recent transaction, a full article was published in Toronto Life about the acquisition. You can read the full story at Mill Street brewery purchases Toronto’s Brickworks Ciderhouse.
October 20, 2014 – Press Release – “Divorce Dirty Deeds Exposed”
Featured in the following:
May 12, 2014 – Press Release – “Staff Sick on Stat Holidays”
February 3, 2014 – Press Release – “Consumer Alert: Active Tax Scam Costing Canadians Thousands!”
Featured in the following: CTV News – Consumer Report
- January 7, 2014 – Press Release – “Happy New Year… I Want A Divorce!”
Featured in the following:
CTV News with Pat Foran
Toronto SUN – Printed and Website
St. Catherines Standard
January 7, 2014 – “Employment Standards Act”
November 26, 2013 – “SMEs Should Evaluate Legal Needs Based on Each Issue“
“When Joanna Duong first went looking for some legal help with her small fashion and accessories company, she found herself deep in the heart of Bay Street but feeling seriously ignored…”
Read the full article, which features our own Albert Luk.
November 25, 2013 – Toronto Lawyer Calls Out Bay Street for Leaving Small Businesses in Legal Limbo!
TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Nov. 25, 2013) – It’s a common story for Toronto’s entrepreneurial community … they seek out a big, Bay Street legal firm, a retainer is agreed upon and the client initially gets middling to attentive service … as long as the billable hours keep coming. But what happens when legal needs change and the hours start to decline? According to Albert Luk, a Toronto lawyer with Devry Smith Frank LLP, one of few Toronto firms that cater to small and medium sized businesses… Read the rest of this press release here.
- Protect Yourself From US Estate Tax – Sabina Mexis – Fifty-Five Plus Magazine
- Milton politicians green-light audit of councillor’s election expenses – Marc Kemerer – Inside Halton
- Family Law Advice | How To Understand The Children’s Aid Society – John Schuman – Real Estate 101
- Meet the lawyer who moonlights as a DJ – Jennifer Hetherington – Precedent Magazine
- Flu Shot Process – Lianne Sharvit – Global TV
- Use of Primary and Secondary Wills to Lower Probate Taxes – Sabina Mexis – Fifty-Five Plus Magazine
- Article on Transferring Assets into Joint Ownership – Sabina Mexis – Fifty-Five Plus Magazine
- Alternatives To Going To Court In Separation Or Divorce – Interview with John Schuman – Real Estate 101
- Article on Parkland Dedication for the OBA Municipal Law Section Newsletter – Marc Kemerer – Ontario Bar Association
- Calculating Child Support Payments When Getting Divorced – Interview with John Schuman – Real Estate 101
- Why You Need A Marriage Contract – Interview with John Schuman – Real Estate 101
- Sharing Home’s Value After Separation Or Divorce – Interview with John Schuman – Real Estate 101
- Cottage Division During the Divorce – Interview with John Schuman – Real Estate 101
- Canada-wide arrest warrant issued for a mother alleged to have abducted 2 kids – Interview with John Schuman – Global News
- Who Determines Custody of a Child? – Interview with John Schuman – 680 News
- CBC Radio covering controversial Lake Wanapitei development – Interview with Marc Kemerer – CBC News
- Couple given conditional discharge for spanking teen daughter – Interview with John Schuman – CTV News, Canada AM
- How to Close your Business with a Smart Tax Strategy – Interview with Sabina Mexis – Globe and Mail
- Where there’s a Will, there’s a way – Interview with Sabina Mexis – Global News
- Doug Ford v. Bill Blair Defamation Interview with Marty Rabinovitch – Global News
- Major tax fraud case: 300 investors lose money, owe millions – CTV News
- Is Divorce Rate Higher in January? – CTV News
- The Ford Motor Company vs. Ford Nation Trade-Mark Issue
- Larry Keown interviewed for Ryerson Journalism Article
- SMEs Should Evaluate Legal Needs Based on Each Issue – Canadian Lawyer
- Christpher Statham talks about How to handle a hoarding tenant published in Canadian Apartment Magazine on January 20, 2014.
- Our lawyer, Christopher Statham commented on the article Star reporter sues Rob Ford
- Nesathurai & Luk LLP Announces Merger with Devry Smith Frank LLP
- Accomodation of religious practice and family status in Ontario After attending Devry Smith Frank LLP’s Executive Human Resources Seminar series on September 19th, at the Don Valley Hotel & Suites in Toronto that featured some of Devry Smith Frank’s greatest employment lawyers and mediators, Omar Ha-Redeye an associate from Canada’s acclaimed online law magazine, Shaw.com penned a detailed report on the seminar’s matters.
Visit our Media Page to learn more about Devry Smith Frank.