How to Get Spousal Support (Alimony)

June 22nd, 2016 by

What is the difference between spousal support and alimony? Spousal support is the Canadian term and spousal support in the US is called alimony. Spousal support is one of the most contentious areas of divorce. One spouse must pay the other one and there are always issues around how much and why they have to pay that much. Some feel they did not get enough credit or the other spouse got too much credit for what they brought to the relationship while married. Spousal support is about paying support to the other spouse, it is not child support or any other type of support.

Spousal support can also apply to couples that live together in some circumstances.

Watch this episode with real estate agent Joe Terceira, and Toronto family lawyer John Schuman where John will discuss the topic of how to get spousal support.

Our law offices are conveniently located in the Lawrence and Don Mills area of Toronto and we have plenty of free parking.

Devry Smith Frank LLP

95 Barber Greene Road #100

Toronto, ON M3C 3E9

(416) 449-1400

To view other Ontario law videos and other practice areas, please visit our media page.

Flag Counter