at Devry Smith Frank LLP
The services we provide include:
- Trade-mark and copyright registration;
- Reports and opinions on the registrability of trademarks, logos, and designs;
- Detailed patent investigations and analyses in all technical areas, including providing opinions on questions of patentability and infringement;
- Assistance in the preparation of Canadian patent applications;
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights including patent, trademark and copyright litigation, licensing, negotiation and arbitration;
- General client counselling regarding confidentiality agreements, government research funding, university-industry relations, license agreements, corporate sponsored research contracts, clinical trial agreements, development agreements, joint ventures, due diligence strategies, technology transfer agreements, software protection, and employment agreements;
- Technical assistance to general business counsel, in-house counsel, technology transfer managers, inventors, and business investors on all aspects of intellectual property and its scope and strength, including: title, contract and licensing matters, employment contracts, disclosures, and invention submission procedures; and
- Establishment of start up companies.
Research and development take a long time. Creating a brand does too. Protect these investments with the right legal counsel.
More about our lawyer: Cory Schneider.