Intellectual Property Lawyers
Our Intellectual Property Lawyers at Devry Smith Frank LLP, provide an array of services to protect and commercialize the intellectual property of companies and independent researchers. We have the experience to commence support at the inception stage of research and development for initiatives such as clinical trials and research projects. Such support includes:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial, intellectual property and information technology related research agreements, which include material transfer agreements, joint venture, collaborative and non-collaborative research agreements, clinical trial agreements, grant agreements, data transfer, data sharing, data usage, and software licensing agreements, equipment transfer agreements, non-disclosure, publication, lease agreements and advising upon the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Tax Incentive Program.
Devry Smith Frank has access to professional resources, which can inform companies and researchers about funding opportunities from funding agencies such as the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Counsel of Canada, the Ontario Centre or Excellence, the Canadian Foundation for excellence, The Natural Resource Centre of Canada, and the Canadian Institute of Health Research.
We provide registration services and litigation for infringement and enforcement services to protect trademark, copyright and patent rights;
TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN CANADA
- Trademark registration in Canada, including the performance of preliminary trademark searches, the preparation of applications for registration, and trade-mark renewals. We also represent our clients in opposition proceedings and in the negotiation and settlement of trademark disputes relating to infringement, to the validity of registered trade marks and to passing-off.
- Advising our clients on the protection of copyrightable works, assist in the registration of copyrights in Canada, and prepare copyright assignments and licensing agreements.
- Representing our clients in copyright litigation matters, and counsel them on enforcing copyright in their works as well as defending against allegations of copyright infringement.
PATENT REGISTRATION AND PROVISIONAL PATENTS
- Advising clients on the acquisition, protection and enforcement of patent rights and on matters of patentability, validity and infringement. We also conduct preliminary patent searches and assist in the preparation of patent applications.
We will be pleased to discuss your innovative initiatives.
The law offices of Devry Smith Frank LLP are conveniently located in Toronto in the Lawrence and Don Mills area and boast plenty of free parking.
For further information or assistance on intellectual property law, patent registration, trademark registration or copyright registration, please contact one of the intellectual property lawyers listed on the left by clicking on their name.