DSF’s clients have relied on our commitment to excellence for over 50 years. We respond quickly with practical and effective suggestions. We recognize that we are only as good as the results we deliver.
In addition to providing the general advice most start-ups require, we have particular expertise with raising capital transactions and protection of intellectual property rights. Our significant experience within the investment community has in some cases enabled us to connect our start-up clients with investors. Unlike larger law firms, our business model allows us to provide top-tier legal services at highly competitive rates well beyond our initial engagement with start-up enterprises.
Start-Up SuiteTM Packages
For qualifying start-ups, we have created the Start-Up SuiteTM flat-fee package of legal services which has been specifically designed with start-up needs in mind. The Start-Up SuiteTM package includes:
- initial consultation and one (1) hour of free consultations per month, for six (6) months
- incorporation and organization of Ontario (OBCA) or Federal (CBCA) corporation
- issuing shares to founders
- one (1) year of corporate record keeping
- a founders’ Shareholders Agreement
- plus any two (2) of:
- Shareholder Loan and Security Documentation
- Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement template
- Employment Agreement template
- Independent Contractor template
- Confidentiality and Assignment of IP template
- Website Terms of Service
- End User License Agreement
Services and Fees
We also provide start-ups with a number of different billing options which can be combined and customized based upon each start-up’s particular legal and business needs.
Other fee arrangements include:
- a-la-carte flat rates for specific legal documents, required on an “as needed” basis;
- flat-fee hourly rates which afford the opportunity to “pre-pay” for a certain number of discounted hours of service per month (hourly rate packages vary on the number of hours needed each month);
- unlimited service, “all-you-can-eat” billing arrangement whereby a start-up gains unlimited access, for a single monthly fee.
We are always open to working out an arrangement that works best for a start-up facing severe cash constraints.